Sunday, January 17, 2010

To write or not to write and Haiti

Hmmmm...I feel like I should write something. Mostly for the sake of just writing something. And because it's been awhile. I had an idea for a post earlier today but with making pancakes for breakfast, preparing the Sheppards pie for supper (which sucked for some reason), the whole 10 minutes of outdoor skating on a fake rink (not ice, but plastic? very weird), the 1.5 hours of preparing to go skating, the visit to a fast food joint and watching our friend's daugther play basketball, well, I'm spent and uninspired and can't remember my idea.

Well, there's always Haiti. But I can't bear to go into IT. The horror, the unfairness of it all, the gross delays in assistance arriving (thereby leading to loads of preventable deaths), Sanjay Gupta...urghhhh...It's heart-wrenching, it's terribly frustrating, etc. And it makes me feel very grateful for my life.

The end, for now. Oh, I just had an idea for a new post. No, not the one I forgot but a brand new one. Next time I'm going to write about the "necessity" for parents to take time away from their children. And yes, I put "necessity" in brackets because, well, it's my personal opinion.

2 comments:

Hyacynth said...

The situation in Haiti has been breaking my heart many times a day. I agree; it makes me grateful for my life, but it also makes me feel guilty sometimes, too, if that makes sense.

septembermom said...

The situation in Haiti is just so hard to comprehend. All that suffering. It is heart wrenching.