Monday, August 9, 2010

72.2

Yup...down a kilo. This despite being shoved into the throes of temptation on two, count them TWO, separate occasions in the past 72 hours. One, big ole' BBQ with friends including backyard games. Two, dinner for dear friends here last night.

And yet I resisted...alcohol AND dessert. I even threw out the rest of the cake after they left and didn't do the "1 scoop for you, 1 scoop for me" as I dolled out ice cream. I have 8 days to go before I board that plane and damn it, I want to reach my goal. Still not sharing what that is though as I don't want to jinx it.

Just eating like I'm on Induction, which I guess means that I am. Exercise pants are getting a little looser and despite a 2-day hiatus, I was butt and ab-blasting again after our company left last night.

On that note, it was the first time I was actually able to have a proper conversation with a friend that I've known for over 10 years. She speaks very little English you see. And yet, my husband and I are the Godparents for their 2nd born. We have a history of working with her husband and they actually flew from Sweden for our wedding 8 years ago. My Swedish is far less than steller but it was enough for me to understand what she was saying and take a long-ass time to respond :-)

So yay me this week!

2 comments:

septembermom said...

You're doing great!! Way to go once again. Glad that you're Swedish is getting better and better. You'll be a pro soon enough.

Hyacynth said...

Forging the dessert and the booze? That's cause for celebration of will power! Way to go, Jenn!