Friday, April 23, 2010

When two worlds smash together: The Aftermath

Sometimes I make some pretty darn good decisions, if I do say so myself. I took a chance, I threw my "image" to the wind and in case you haven't been following, here is what happened. I did it. I sent it to her and here is her response (buried at the bottom of the original post's comment section and given its own special post because, well, after all THAT, she deserves it). I think you'll all agree, she's a hoot in any language. Introducing the neighbour friend (gasp!) in the virtual flesh:

The neighbour friend said...
Hello stalker & friends of Jen!

This is Ms. Uppsala, the "tiny little ball of blonde fun" writing...!

First of all - Jen, you're great! It struck me that I haven't seen you since our last "suicidewalk" and now I know why... You've been avoiding me!!! You can now stop the praying - I'm staying!

I'm not running away screeming... The only one who is going to run around screeming in the nearest future is you Jen! I believe (after reading your blog) that the best way of punishing you (for even thinking that I would think less of you or that I would be upset) is to take the suicidewalks to a HIGHER level - starting tonight =)Bahahaha!

I love having you next door! When you get to know me even better you will learn that it takes more than a blog to scare me away...

After sending me the adress and the readinginstructions I was expecting the worse... I started to read and then I started to laugh, and laugh, and laugh! You're a great writer and I'm taking it as I compliment that you (sooooooooooo badly) want to be my friend!

If it had been the other way around, if I would have moved in next to you in Canada, I know that you would have given me the same chance...

So, keep on bringing your smiling face, your crazy talk and more cakes over to my place!

Love
"The peppy Swedish blonde"
PS. Bikini body, beach 2010 - we'll get there DS

6 comments:

Den said...

Was smiling all the way to the end of this post and then the peppy Swedish blonde (Hello great, power-walking neighbour! Can we have a name, any name..., make one up...)mentioned you bringing 'more cakes'?!
Are you making them and giving them away and not eating a morsel for yourself? Seriously THAT's toooo holy!
XX

SwedishJenn said...

bahaha Den. We were suppose to have a friend over for dinner one night then little man got sick so we had to cancel at the last minute. And I had bought this cake. And there was NO WAY I could let it sit there or I would have soooo eaten it. Either that or I woulda thrown it out. So I walked it on over to the "neighbour", I call her Killer but she does need a new name so we'll throw that to her :-). Since that time I've realized she's allergic to nuts and can't remember for the life of me if there were nuts in that cake! No, Neighbour, I was seriously not trying to kill you! Nor was I trying to make HER fat. That would be impossible. Lesson: Always give cakes to skinny people.

Michelle said...

Hahaha, I love happy endings:)
Or beginnings I suppose...
I just knew it would be alright in the end. If it was someone you liked and appreciated than she had to be "good people" and therefor would see the humor in it.

Enjoy the suicide walks!
M.

septembermom said...

Definitely the beginning of a great friendship. She sounds like lots of fun and love her wit too!

Hyacynth said...

Triple woo!! She wants to be your friend still and she has a sense of humor! I love it! And bigger and more challenging walks. This is GREAT!

If you're reading, Ms. Upssala, you walk her little butt off! Ok?

J said...

aww isnt that cute:D glad for you
jen